Monday, September 9, 2013

30 day book challenge - Day 9


Day 9 - A book you though you wouldn't like but ended up loving

I'm usually iffy about the whole book-to-movie part. I'd either think the book was written so poorly compared to the movie, or the movie was a bust when the book was 100x better. It's been a hit or miss lately when it came to movie vs book ... but loving the TV series Bones for all these years, I decided I wanted to give the books a try.

I never read a TV series book yet (the books came first), so I was iffy while reading the back description. I thought that Ryan was no way going to be Booth and how can Bones have a kid? Let alone be married. (I read this book in 2010, so the series was in it's 5th season I believe) But as I was reading, Bones is one kick-ass anthropologist! She gets herself into danger by working on these cases with Detective Ryan, never backing down. Kinda like the TV series, since she'll do anything to get the killer. (Only without Bones getting injured all the time)

I ended up loving the series and loving how different these two stories are. This series lead me to reading other books that either created the TV show or came because of the show. I adore the Bones on TV and I love the Bones in the book. I'm currently up to Book 13 in the series ... I'm still slacking on my reading, but I hope to get caught up to her most recent book.

No comments:

Post a Comment