Monday, November 25, 2013

A Day Late: Sunday Social; Thankful edition

Sunday Social

A day late; but I didn't want to pass on this week's question: Next Week we would love for you to just share what you are Thankful for this year :) It can be a list, a word, anything you want :) As I'm thankful for these things everyday, I never actually say I am.

* My immediate family: They keep me anchored. We're a small family of 4, but I would want us to be any different. I love my Momma, Rob (who is my step-father & loves me as if I were his own) and my Granny. The other part of my family would be my (Great) Aunt and Godmother. We see them at least once a month for holidays or birthdays.

* My fuzzy babies: Mono and Tawny are my heart. Always there and ready for snuggles and welcomes me home with meow's and purrs. Even though most of the time, they're thankful for me to come home and feed them everyday!

* My past family members: Always in my heart; I'm thankful for the memories I have of my family members in heaven. Especially my Pop-Pop & Mom-Mom. Being with me just about every day in my childhood, the little baggies I would get for going to church (always had something healthy and not so healthy; like an apple with marshmallows!!) and cooking some yummy, delicious food either just for dinner or the holidays. Visiting my Aunt & Uncle in Florida for a week was always a vacation to look forward to (mainly because we went to Disney or Universal the first part of our trip).

* My extended family: My family has grown since Rob joined our family. He has a huge family with several aunts, uncles, cousins. I miss our holidays with Grandmom and Pop; but I'm glad they were both able to make it to the wedding. <3

* My job: I finally have a real full-time job with benefits; as an Office Assistant at the Baltimore City Employees' Retirement System. It's been a long time coming, as I've been unemployed from any job (all part-time) since 2009. As well as turning 26, I was going to lose my benefits from my Mom in December. I'm just reaching the end of my 6-month probation, which means my vacation days move over for me to use haha I can't wait to see where else my job will take me!

* My co-workers: My job would be boring if I didn't have the co-workers I have currently. You're able to ask them questions without having them bite your head off, picking your mood up when you're down or stressed about work and having a good day at work while working. I couldn't ask for a better bunch of people to see everyday!

* My best friends: No girl is complete without a best friend, and I'm lucky to have two. My Sister from another time period (and bff) is Jess lives in Australia and has the most adorable baby boy; Blake, my nephew. His Auntie Kimmi loves him to pieces and one day, I hope to meet them. My bestie, Nancy, lives a good 30 minutes away and I don't see her as much as I would like. She has two Chihuahua's; Maddox and Winston. I can't wait until our next girls day; they had to be on hold since I couldn't take off of work for 6 months.

* My house & car: I'm overly grateful to have had a roof over my head my entire life. We lived at my Granny's house as a family until our house was built; I am older than our house. I still live with my parents, which makes me even more thankful to have such a close relationship with my Mom. I also love my car; it's a lovely car that gets me from here to there and always gets me back home safely.

There are more things I'm thankful for. Some are material things and others just things that I would take for granted at times and forget how lucky I am to have them. Thanksgiving is a day of thanks, but I'm thankful year round that I have the life I do and am able to wake up everyday to go out and make new memories day by day.

I hope everyone has a safe and homey Thanksgiving, full of love, family, good food and of course, football. <3

4 comments:

  1. What a great list!

    I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving sweetie.

    http://nystateofmind5.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely have a lot to be thankful for! ♥ Love you bestie, I'm definitely thankful for you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Love you too bestie! I'm so glad we've become such great friends <3

      Delete