Saturday, September 7, 2013

30 day book challenge - Day 7


Day 7 - Most underrated book

I must admit ... I hated reading this book in High School. But then again, I hated most every book we had to read. But when you have to over-analyze pretty much every sentence, how can you really enjoy the book?

After years (a good 10 I suppose), I decided to give it another try. I didn't remember some of the scenes like I did while reading it in school. Turns out there was a "school version" which must have been the one I had to read, so something like that. My cover wasn't this one here. I thought there was more to do with the eyes watching you, Daisy being crazy and more parties than private meetings. But you can forget a lot over 10 years.

I did up my star rating from 1 to 3 stars, as the book still didn't make me love it, even while I was reading it just to read. I do think this book is underrated because it could be a great book. It probably is, but I'm only seeing it as half. However, Nick as a narrator, he really goes through a lot to find himself and I think that's what makes this book better than it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment