Sunday, August 18, 2013

Review: Kraft Recipe Makers; Hickory BBQ Beef

Made: August 18, 2013

Oh a whim, I bought this while at Target one day. We're not always in the mood for bbq beef, but it's nice to have help while making it. I used the main recipe to follow for just beef (inside there were two other recipes; one for chicken and one for pork)


Earlier in the year, I had bought a pack of different meat slices and rumps in a "family pack" at Mars. I froze the meat and pulled it out and didn't even defrost it. I stuck it directly into my slow cooker, poured the starter sauce on top and put the slow cooker on high. About 5 hours and 30 minutes later I was pulling it out to cut it. The box suggested shredding the beef for sandwiches, but we weren't in the mood for them. Instead I cut the beef into cubes and then followed the rest of the box with the finishing sauce.


Overall, the meat was juicy and tender. While cutting the meat, it was flaking off mid-cut. The hickory sauce was sweet, but not too sweet. To even out the sweetness, I paired the meat with some spinach and beef flavored pasta. It make a really yummy meal and was very easy to make. All you needed for this recipe was a beef rump (or pot roast) and rolls. It makes about 7 servings. If you cook on high, it takes about 6 hours 30 minutes (8 hours if you cook on low; I cooked on high)



So far, everything Kraft has come out with to make dinners easy and delicious that I've tried, I loved. Their fresh takes are an easy way to dress up chicken and burgers. I'll definitely try out the other Recipe Makers series.

No comments:

Post a Comment