Wednesday, September 18, 2013

30 day book challenge - Day 18



Day 18 - First "chapter book" you can remember reading as a child

This one was a tough one, as I don't remember a lot of my childhood. But I do remember these books and having quite a few of these books and other Goosebumps books that had you pick your fate. I do remember these books being a TV series as well, which made the books come to life (and are usually spookier than the book).

I think I saw part 1 of Welcome to Camp Nightmare on TV first and I never saw part 2, so I just had to find out how it ended ... so I got the book. Soon after finding out that was book 9, I picked up some of the other at my Elem School book fair (I loved that week!!) and I spotted Book 13 ... Piano Lessons can be Murder. I just had to get this book since I was taking piano lessons (until I was about 14) and I even had a shirt based on it.

Even though these books were small and didn't have many chapters, these were right up my alley, as I was a fan of (most) horror and spooky things (and still am). I didn't care for any of the dolls coming to life (or puppets I think it was) as I was not a fan of the Chucky movies. But these were the right amount of spook for a little kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment